Thursday, September 1, 2016

Hate to Hate


People like people who like them. People do not like people who do not like them. This is a general tendency, there are always exceptions.

Years ago I had an encounter with a teenager that I will always remember. He was sitting next to me and acting in a bizarre manner. I must have looked at him in a way that he did not like because he screamed out, "I hate you! I hate you because you hate me!"

I was surprised by his reading of my facial expression and by his emotional outburst.

Most people will just hate someone and never tell the hated person, but they will behave with hatred.

I didn't hate him but he thought (because of the way I looked at him, the expression on my face) that I hated him. I assured him that I didn't hate him. We got along after that.

Try to be careful with the looks you throw at people. There is no reason to make someone feel hated.

Hatred grows more hatred. Love grows more love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment